Thursday, August 12, 2010

Virginia

I feel more than I think one ought to feel at certain times and often long to feel it when it’s gone. But not here. I don't want for it here. Here, feelings flow abundant. Clean air mixed with flowing thought. Beautiful airways and open atmosphere dancing 'round my skin. Fresh emotion running wild.

I should think one day I’ll live in a town like this. A small town with God, where the livin’s easy. And I’d enjoy waking with the sun, and praying and worshiping and delighting in what He made for me. I’d sit on my oversized wraparound porch sipping coffee or hot chocolate, and relishing in God in me. Smiling at the ease and peace of His presence. And then pondering how to get more of it. I’d go for evening walks and I’d rest on the grass staring up at the stars, my personalized picture of hope, painted clearly in the night sky. And God would rest there staring back at me. And I would smile because I know He is near.



No new revelation today, just God. God all the time. God in me. Learning to be loved is tough, and learning to be loved by the King of all of creation seems an impossibility, but He’s teaching me and I am open. I’m learning to be LOVE too. I think that might be even tougher…being love in this fallen world when so many things beckon me away from love. Hate, rejection, bitterness; pain, condemnation, misunderstanding. No. Love. If not me, then who? God in me. Yes. Then love. Check. It seems so simple. Yeah ... seems.

Here is what I know. I want Him and nothing more. More than my next breath, He rises to become the King of my entire body, spirit, soul. My King, my Love.

2 comments:

  1. God's revelations are never-ending. What a concept!! There's always something about Virginia air, we both know this. Why else would God have called us both there?

    I have no doubt that your love for Him will grow.
    I have no doubt that your love for Him will challenge others.
    I have no doubt that your love for Him will spill into every corner of your life.
    I have no doubt that your life for Him will be a pure blessed joy to others.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I follow Jesus (not the Mexican, the other guy).

    ReplyDelete