Thursday, August 19, 2010

Holy



The world looks different today, and yesterday even. And I’m not talking about the kind of different that happens when one’s been through something that ought to change his outlook, or skew his perception of reality. Not this kind, this kind that I’ve felt before and even written about.

But a different kind. Truly, it is, and in a very strange way. Like I’m looking out from my body but I’m sort of set apart from it. It’s strange, and I cannot think of a better word to illustrate this impression. Almost like a welcome shift in equilibrium. And I can’t tell if my soul is making itself separate because that’s what I’ve been asking or if my balance is off. It’s difficult for me to make myself aware in confidence of what I go through on my journey.

Mostly because I’ve never experienced it before. But also because no one’s ever told me how. No one but Jesus. And I’m so fallen and sinful that I should think I’m unworthy of hearing Him. But Jesus says I am.

Fortunately, it’s been made quite clear as of late that I can do nothing good and fruitful without Him. So to look at this logically, when I regard of myself doing good in the name of the Christ it is truly because the Christ lives in me. And it is He that uses my vessel for His Kingdom. It is He, not I. So, I have chosen Him and He has chosen me. And I maintain my belief that He is in me. Therefore my faith has sowed a seed inside of my own soul that I can and will be used by Him in any way He chooses. All because He lives here, and I believe. I can come unto His presence when I am made holy. If He died for me, I am made Holy. If He lives in me, I am made holy. If I am obedient, I am made holy. I am holy as He is holy. Because Jesus says I am.

The Lord commands

, “Be holy because I, the Lord your God am holy” Leviticus 19:1

“Consecrate yourselves and be holy” Leviticus 20:7”

“You are to be holy to me because I, the Lord, am holy and have set you apart from the nations to be my own” Leviticus 20:26.

So, Leviticus. If the men and women of the Old Testament could be made holy by keeping decrees and following them, certainly we of the 21st century are made holy through true faith and the saving grace of Jesus Christ, our atonement child.

1 comment:

  1. Your writing is so beautiful missy.

    Every time I read something, I get a glimpse into this new Kala that has been longing to get out for so long.

    I can almost feel your feelings, see your visions, hear His voice through your ears. It's like breathing is a foreign and new task for you- you are a new creation in Him.

    Love you.

    ReplyDelete