Wednesday, October 13, 2010

wordless

I haven't written in a short while and nothing's to blame but too little time and effort on my part alone. Unfortunate, yes. Will it change? It's too soon yet to tell. My draw to my writings usually come in waves. We will see where this will lead. But it is certain to say my lack of writing is not due in full or in part to lack of the movement by God. Oh no. God is moving and pulling and yearning. In fact, He has been the biggest distraction from my finding time to do so. I cannot think of a better word than distraction, however to use this word, distraction, may imply a negative occurrence. Let me assure you, there is none more positive than this.

God is pulling me toward Himself more and more, and while I know what direction it is spiritually (and believe me, I use the word 'know' loosely), I don't know how it will transcend into this life as I know it now. But I do know that the true desire of my heart is to follow Him in pure obedience the best my fallen little life knows how, to God be the glory.

But here is what I know for now. God is doing some pretty big things and I don't know what it will look like, but I know that I will never be the same. And each day comes forth and is followed by another one just the same, only a little different and a little better. And so over time this thing becomes bigger than me. It already is. It always was. I cannot stop this. I cannot look back.

I do not know how to explain what I mean without being so vague. Just wait and see.

the power of the words
lost, cry, cross, trust, deliver, heal, restore, redeem
JESUS.

Psalm 72:12-14

For he will deliver the needy who cry out,
the afflicted who have no one to help.

He will take pity on the weak and the needy
and save the needy from death.

He will rescue them from oppression and violence,
for precious is their blood in his sight.

No comments:

Post a Comment