Friday, October 29, 2010

Rebuke.

Man-pleasing.

God told me last night that I don't need to worry about pleasing anyone but Him. Isn't that funny? Funny is not the right word. I don't know what is. Beautiful, maybe. Like He looks at me and my shabby little blog and says, "Aw, that's cute, wrong, but cute."

I know he gives me words but when He makes it real that he actually knows my thoughts (or reads the blog being written in my head) But I know there's more to it than that, there always is. I can't get into that now. This makes sense in my mind.

Here's what the moment brings me. Now is the time to be diligent; the time for obedience is now.

Trust me, I'm not actively trying to not be obedient. In fact, IF YOU REALLY KNEW ME, you would see that I'm looking desperately for things to be obedient to.

Nothing would please me more than to do my Father's work. How can it not be written all over my face when it is resounding in my spirit and written on my heart? Sometimes it seems like no one understands this when I tell them. 'Yeah, well if that were true then you'd be doing this. If that were true you'd stop walking around with your mouth shut and your eyes wide open and do something about it'.


It is possible (and probably very likely) that I'm looking so hard that I can't see what's in front of my face.


Sometimes we don't know that we don't know until we know.

1 comment:

  1. I struggle with this so much. 1 Thess 2 questions whether we are in it to please God or to please man... For some reason I think Jesus isn't serious when He tells me that He needs to be the authority in my life.

    ReplyDelete