Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Wind

I was standing at a gas station today and the wind was blowing wild. I stood there wondering why I couldn't see such a lovely sensation and hoped that it might stay a while. And then I was reminded of the same mystery that betray the earth on Saturday. The same sweet wind, turned black, structuring itself for destruction. And I thought how could such a sweet wind so readily betray it's earth.

All at once I realized this thinking was irrational but thought to myself how beautiful it sounded. That we might belong to something so dear, but then it would turn it's back so swiftly for betrayal. Strange, as I was researching footage from the storm on Saturday, I came across many "artistic" portrayals of tornadoes and storms. Such that would romanticize destruction. I saw one that portrayed a beautiful girl standing in the foreground, arms that appeared to be dancing above her head. There behind her was a tornado strategically doctored in to the picture directly behind her. How could it be, that turning a tornado in to something beautiful is acceptable?

And then I thought that this earth has betray me for all my life. Why should it be so strange that I could finally see it, in the tornado. Beauty, and then destruction. The beautiful things as per the earth, the pride, the money, the power and the lies, the darkness, the lust, the jealousy, oh, the world. She is beautiful, but she is meant to betray you.

Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will. Romans 12:12

My prayer is not that you take them out of the world but that you protect them from the evil one. They are not of the world, even as I am not of it. Sanctify them by the truth; your word is truth. As you sent me into the world, I have sent them into the world. For them I sanctify myself, that they too may be truly sanctified. John 17

No comments:

Post a Comment