Monday, October 22, 2012

Clarity

I have, at a moment of discontentment and fog, believed that perhaps the God of this world and my heart would have little to do with the beautiful details of my life. Like perhaps what clothes I put on in the morning had little to do with God who calls the waves forth by the rising of the moon day after day. As if my God had more important things to do (lives to save) than count day after day the choices I make for His glory. 

How wrong I was. And the moon rises still, night after night, faithful as her Creator.

Every choice I make goes toward His glory. Isn't that the meaning of a set apart life? I will honor God with the details of my clothes, as the lilies of the field honor Him with their beauty. Does He not delight in His creation?

I will be anxious for nothing, and in all things honor Him. Oh help me Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment