Friday, September 16, 2011

Peace


With my feet wrapped in peace.

Though I'm distant in word, I am not distant in heart, dear blog. Something wonderful has happened and now I watch the past few weeks replay in front of my eyes as if a movie were on repeat in my head. Almost as though I hadn't lived it myself, but were walking through a dream. And I'm still walking in the dream.

In short, I'm on my way to Alabama to devote my life to the Lord's work, for the vision He placed in my heart, He has allowed me to accept.

I still feel as though I'm dreaming, and for the most part I'm walking in perfect peace. It's not as painful as it should be, leaving a lifetime behind for a new one, because He walks ahead of me. It doesn't hurt like I thought it would. The dream is keeping the peace of the one who dreams. It almost feels as though I could stab myself right through the heart, and I would only bear a dull aching of a pain, somewhere outside of myself. For He is dwelling within, softening the loss, with the gain of the cross. There is no sacrifice in Love. Only life.

3 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for your encouraging comment, Kala! I'm so excited to hear about your new journey. Though I know very little of the "old" journey, life with Jesus is never dull! Prayers for you and blessings on your week.

    In His Love,
    Kendall

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your breathtakingly beautiful words bring me to tears, my dearest friend. He has gifted you with a way to express the deepest parts of your heart and what He is working in you! I am so thankful He has wrapped your feet in peace and though it's been so difficult to see you go, my feet are wrapped in peace as well. He is softening the loss and making it bearable to say goodbye, because we know...it's only for a time. And we know we are walking where He has called us. And no matter where we go in the world, we will always be the best of friends and can rest assured we will spend eternity together in the next.

    ReplyDelete
  3. P.S. I look forward to reading much, much more about your adventures with Him there. :)

    ReplyDelete