Saturday, November 13, 2010

there is no title.

Sometimes you don't know that you don't know, until you know.

Sometimes I want to move somewhere new, just to know that I'm not settling somewhere I'm not meant to be. Wait, what does that mean? To be meant for something specific? Couldn't I do God's work wherever I end up? I don't believe in all that destiny, soul-mate nonsense either.


Sometimes I want to move into an old apartment above an old city that I've never been. And glide across the old hardwood floors and run my hands down the walls and fall with the peeling paint. And then walk to my big window, and it would open just the way windows used to open, from the inside out with no screen, and I'd meet the world from my safe place everyday. And I'd watch the people and secretly pray for them and play Jason Upton too loud until the neighbors started to complain. And then I'd leave my computer on all day and play scriptures and maybe something would happen in that invisible sort of God way, and someone's life might be touched. And at Christmas I'd string christmas lights around the window and sip coffee at my desk in the dark and play my scriptures on my computer, and I'd seek what I'm looking for. Sweet Jesus.

1 comment:

  1. I loved this post, I have moved many times in my life and get restless when I have been in one house for more the 2.5yrs. I love moving to new cities seeing new things, meeting new people and my favorite part is figuring out the streets and see Gods countryside. I completely see you staring outside your window as your sitting on your ledge, listening to Jason Upton and feeding your new friendly neighborhood birds. Where ever you go...go with all your heart. ;-)

    ReplyDelete